Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dino Quilt Progress

You may remember the quilt that my son designed in this post. So here are some in progress pictures of how it's coming along.


The above photo shows my applique dino pinned to the background fabric. The puffy little feet were my son's idea, so cute! I used freezer paper to turn the edges but I'm sure I ended up doing it the hard way. My fusible bond stuff was too small and too stiff but I think if I'd bought another kind it could have been easier.


TA DA! the finished quilt top!
I need to add more borders to make the blanket larger but every time I make suggestions my advice is often shot down by the designer.

Almost done, just need to get some batting (I can't decide what kind to get) and and start quilting.